Company: PT Patra Drilling Contractor
Project: PHKT Z10 Pertamina Hulu Energy
Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
We are looking for a Drilling Engineer to work in Kalimantan Area (Pertamina Upstream Z10). You will be responsible for preparing drilling and well abandonment procedures in line with well integrity policies. Assist Drilling Manager during drilling and abandoning operations, serve as liaison with Reservoir, Exploration, Regulatory and Production Departments and maintain Well Reporting and Data Management to ensure compliance with Pertamina Upstream PHI Policy
About PDC, service company that provides support to Pertamina PHKT – Z10 .
We have been working in Pertamina PHKT – Z10 since 2019.
About PHKT – Z10
Currently PHKT-Z10 is developing Oil & Gas field in the East Kalimantan, Attaka, Sembakung, Bunyu, Tarakan, Ambalat, etc, for the next five years at minimum to keep up and maintain production.
As part of the Nasional Oil Company, Pertamina, joining us means you could develop your network within the Company throughout in Indonesia, developing career in a company applying deep knowledge, expertise and technological innovation to everything we do.
As a member of the Drilling Well Intervention department at Pertamina Z10, you will be responsible for :
• Prepare well drilling procedures in timely and technical sound manner.
• Comply with Company rules, best practices, and operational and engineering policies.
• Prepare detailed work programs for the activities to be carried out (casing design, hydraulic program, etc.) and identification of materials and equipment required for its implementation.
• Ensure detailed procedures are agreed upon with Contractors involved in activity.
• Analyze well problems in order to understand causes and evolution; provide advice and detailed contingency program on most effective solutions and corrective actions.
• Provide for the modification and integration of work program if so dictated by contingent situations ensuring proper approval (internal and external) is granted.
• Liaise with Drilling Manager on all aspects of well construction activities in particular for those aspects related to information/data acquisition and validation.
• Monitor the latest technological developments and initiate the application of promising ones to achieve targets in the best possible way.
• Monitor, analyze and provide cost data for budget and cost control purposes.
• Ensure that data and information from the well site are correct and consistent with operations ongoing in order to ensure that reliable database is built (performance, accident/down time/malfunctions and failures).
• Prepare reports and other documents in relation with planning, implementing and monitoring of activity progress and propose actions whenever margins for improvement are identified.
• Prepare end of well reports in cooperation with relevant Contractors and other Company’s disciplines.
• Prepare and manage drillings and services related Contracts
• Preparing and manage order necessary materials and services for drilling and completion and work over.
• Provides assistance in tender evaluation and supplier and service company selection.
• Prepare the documentation to apply for dispensation from procedures should this be required by contingent reasons.
• Prepare Regulator’s forms related to drilling engineering to comply with government regulations.
• Liaison with Reservoir and Production departments in preparation of procedures.
• Provides on-site supervision as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
• BS (or higher) in Petroleum Engineering disciplines.
• Related industry experience.
• Well Engineering experience includes:
• Stress Check Analysis
• Casing Design
• Wellview analysis and reporting
• Has strong understanding of the drilling practices and design such as directional well planning, well control , hydraulics, drilling fluid and cement, solids control, and drilling with WBM/SBM. Capable of developing procedures i.e. directional, primary cementing, casing design, and wellheads/Xmas tree.
• Experience of Drilling Operations includes:
• Well construction processes and the relevant engineering contents.
• Well Engineering Software.
• Drilling Units (onshore and offshore).
• Drilling systems and hazards, (loss circulation, shallow pressurized gas formations, carbonate reservoirs, HPHT wells).
• Advanced drilling and well testing operational techniques
• Prepare planning, perform coordination for drilling and completion operation for exploration and development
• Involve in periodic inspection.
• Conduct survey Locations as required for program execution preparation.
• Evaluates daily reports for drilling operations, equipment and materials. Takes necessary action and provide updates to the leadership and management
• Ensures efficient, preventive and remedial maintenance to the drilling and completion equipment and material is carried out on the Company’s, as well as, on the Drilling Contractors’ and Service Companies’ equipment and facilities.
• Provide update inventory of all Company’s equipment, tools, and materials are carefully kept and shows the current status of all items, adequate stock of tools, spare parts and materials are available to cover all normal operational requirements of the rigs, recommending/ordering replacements or additional items as necessary.
• Verifies Contractors, Service Companies and equipment rental invoices.
• Assists preparation of Operational costs estimates, Drilling Section’s budget, Reports and statistics as instructed by his Manager,
• Registers of competent Contractors, Service Companies and materials Suppliers, Own their CSMS.
• Appraise and assess field personal performance, certification, training matrix.
• Provide regular updates on the latest drilling and associated techniques and relevant equipment, tools and materials.
• Carries out any assignment and/or other special tasks as requested by the Drilling Manager.
• Enforces observance of all Company’s rules/regulations, safety procedures and practices, and good “housekeeping”.
• Preferred candidate who carry valid IWCF or IADC certificate
• HUET and Seas Survival Certificate
• Good Medical Record.
Kalimantan and Balikpapan area. Onshore Offshore
Monthly basis for 12 months and will be extended as required. Residential. Local (non-expatriate)
At Pertamina, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on AKHLAK, diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more :
• Training & Development
• Rewards, Benefits and Welfare
• Our Mission is to become world class oil and gas company and the safest place to work.
PHKT-Z10 evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we can achieve Indonesia 1 Million BOEPD .
Send your CV to: